Tuesday 21 October 2014


Listening to a raga in the garden with Lizzy ( of the culture and fun group ) and Terenaxo - the poem fits this raga so well :



Poem: Healing Voice by Terenaxo

So light, her voice would barely make to quiver

A spider's string and yet the stoutest shiver

And strain to hear her whisper like a river.

With melody surpassing words that speak

Yet fail to break the trance in which I seek

To stay within the closeness of her cheek.

The violin must envy, and surely so must birds,

The sweetness uttered by her cords through words,

Enchanted, I can swear an angel heard.

On hearing, unjust kings of lands repent,

while queens of scorn and wrath relent,

The war cries silenced, weaponed arms unbent.

She heals the world wherever she is sent.

Entangle me within her weave of tones

And there let me remain to call my home

Where distant echoes keep me not alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment